Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Boise's December 1st Snowstorm





On the last night of November I was sitting in my hot tub with glass of wine in hand at 10 p.m. The snow was coming down in large continuous flakes. No wind, just total quiet and stillness. It was magical. Just getting ready to hop in the hot tub required shoveling 4 inches of snow off the cover. At 10:30 I went in the house to bed, knowing I'd have work the next day and my daughter would have school. Little did I realize that the forecasted snowfall really would amount to 8 or 12 inches of snow. At 6 a.m. I got up to let my dog out. He was ecstatic plowing through the snow with his face in the darkness. The hot tub was totally covered with more than 8 inches and the yard has close to a foot of snow. I got on line to check about school closures. Sure enough, no school SNOW DAY! too bad these rarely apply to parents who work. I woke Megan and told her she could turn off her alarm and sleep in. I went back to bed. 8 am and morning required I pull out the two trusty snow shovels and I spent 3 full hours shoveling my drive so I could go to work at about 1 in the afternoon. Talk about an aerobic workout! I love it when real winter comes to Boise. The chickens really didn't quite know what to make of all that snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment