Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Moo Cows Over Arizona



My dear friends John and Susun live at Montezuma Well area near Sedona, AZ. One thing Johnny Montezuma loves is cows. It's not that he loves what grazing cows can do to public lands; but rather he, much as I, appreciates that cows can be one of the great charming domesticated animals that can provide milk, meat, veal and comfort from a truly genuine MOOOOOOO!

I personally came to love cows when I lived in Scotland my senior year in college and thought Highland cows were heaven on earth. But cows , being cows, are bred to be eaten or give milk. I confess I am an unadulterated cow eating woman who loves red meat and thinks TOFU is a huge waste of time, actually.But I do understand the down side to eating beef, especially industrial bred beef.But that is not the purpose of this discussion, so we'll save that for another day.
My love of cows and cow humor ( I own a potato cannon to shoot at cows, mind you), led me to send John and Susun the ultimate cow humor book by Boynton, the cartoonist.

No comments:

Post a Comment