Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Good Bye PC, Good Bye Bill Gates, Hello iMac

I did it, but I was a day late and a portable hard drive 12 hours too late. My computer crashed on Sunday. I bought a portable hard drive in Friday. 500 gb at Costco. Figured it would rain on Monday, and it was a holiday so I'd off load all my stuff from my Dell Desktop. On Sunday afternoon I wanted to go online after my virus and malware ran. I came to the computer to see the blue death shade of Microsoft on the screen. It suggested a safe mode reboot and start. That was the end. All I got were F1 and F2 admonitions to try again or enter the Set-Up, but to no avail after two hours. I was resigned to the fact that I'd lost all my digital photos of the past 4 years that were stored, some resumes, job apps, and crap. This is the ultimate big time suck! Instead of going balistic like I normally would do over something like this, that I could have had a happy ending had I acted sooner with the portable hard drive, I licked my wounds and started surfing for a new computer. I also bought a nice 3 liter box of Bota Old Vine Zin to drink. The search was on comparing Consumer Reports with Amazon ratings. I finally decided on 4 options that included HP and Mac, both desktops and laptops. I really like having a home base computer desktop. Megan and I will be here for six more years together,so desktop seemed the way to go, since we have an old Compaq laptop and an HP Netbook/notebook. well, the iMac 27 inch i3 all in one is on its way with the airport extreme base station wi-fi. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment