Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Guess Who's Coming to Chicken Dinner?



Okay, the title isn't really fair,because these two little cuties will be laying eggs, not coming to dinner. I picked up two Auracanas this past week for a screaming deal--$1.43 each. I think the cashier messed up. I think they were supposed to be $3.99 each as "exotics" though they aren't really very exotic except for the fact that they lay blue/green eggs. They've already started to get some actual wing feathers and are hopping around and trying to use them to fly in their galvanized tub where they live on the sun porch with a heat lamp. In about 3 weeks they'll start looking like real chickens, just small versions.

I've yet to tackle building chicken coop II yet, but will get to it soon enough. These girls will go into a portable wire dog kennel for a while. Once Coop II is finished I'll move the Rhodey and Plymouth Rock into it and give these girls the old Coop I until they are big enough to fend for themselves and get to know the other two chickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment