Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Springtime for Now








I've spent quite a bit of time the past 6 weeks getting my garden dug up, compost turned under, tree trimming for fence building next week and repairing the chicken coop. The hard work has paid dividends as I'm eating radishes and spinach, and the girls are laying 3 eggs each day (3 girls--1 egg each. I've got some cool little LED lights that are solar operated that add a touch of magic at night. And all the purples and other lovely colors of flowers are blooming. So all in all things have gone well.

But alas, I'm a bit worried as I head off to camp at a hot springs with friends on what may well be a freeze and snowfall in Boise. So, I'm crossing my fingers and looking at a back up plan with a neighbor and will need to find a ginormous tarp to cover the garden overnight so my tender little eggplants, peppers, tomatoes, squash and green beans don't get nuked. Not too mention those pretty Peruvian Blue spuds.

And lastly, Reuben the wonder dog was in desperate needs of haircut. He was looking like some hippie dog from the 60's hanging out in Eugene, Oregon on campus. Now he looks like a proper Welsh Terrier, even if he's got teeth that would impress any dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment