Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Wheeler Peak Camping Companions



As I get ready to make my first ever visit to Great Basin National Park I have been trying to decide what travelling companions will join me. I have a family of Potato Heads that have been my friends for a while. They like to travel and are relatively quiet and don't take up much room. Joining the Potato Head gang is a new addition--Greta Garbo Goat. Great is a pygmy goat who just joined the family today. She's kind of a small pygmy goat as pygmy goats go. She doesn't eat much and I'm betting she's really going to go nuts over the aroma of Ethiopian coffee I brew every morning. She'll be joining a long line of goats who have smelled Ethiopian coffee beans, and she'll get to enjoy that aroma with the spuddy buddies at Wheeler Peak.

Stay tuned for the adventures of Greta and Spuddy Buddies next week.

2 comments:

  1. Greta Garbo is a cutie! Goats like potatoes you know, but they make them bloat if eaten in excess. Come to think of it, they make ME bloat too, but that's probably too much information. Anyhow, for the sake of the Potato Head Family and Greta Garbo too, keep them separated when you're not around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta would have her mouth quite full. She's a very tiny Pygmy goat and though this family of Potato Heads are also smaller than the norm they are wayyyyy bigger than Greta. If the Spuds decided to take on Greta it could get ugly. I have a feeling they'll be great friends. Now if I can keep Reuben from eating any of them.

    ReplyDelete